Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tim Tim is offline

Default Hiding the distribution list on an MS Outlook email message

I occasionally get email messages that have clearly been sent to several
people, but my name is the only one to appear in the "To" line. I would like
to use this option sometimes on messages that I send, but don't know how to
do this in Outlook. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Tim,

Not really a Word issue, but to send the same email to multiple recipients
without each being able to see who else it was sent to, simply put the email
in the 'bcc' field instead of the 'to' or 'cc' fields.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Tim" wrote in message
I occasionally get email messages that have clearly been sent to several
people, but my name is the only one to appear in the "To" line. I would

like
to use this option sometimes on messages that I send, but don't know how

do this in Outlook. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

If your name is the only one that appears in the recipient list then
I'd say they used Mail Merge. It's actually quite simple to do. First
I start with filtering the contacts I want to send the email to,
either by copying them to another folder, using the Advanced Filter
(or in Office 2007 by using the very cool Instant Search feature), or
just by selecting contacts using Shift or Ctrl.

Then in Outlook I use Tools/Mail Merge and change the various options,
such as make sure "Selected Contacts" or "All Contacts in current view
is selected", verify Form Letters is select and change the "Merge to"
to "E-Mail" and add a Subject.

Once you click OK, Word will start, your main document is already
identified (Form letters), the data source already provided, and all
you have to do is write your email and insert merge fields, such as
the first name of the recipient if necessary. Then once it's complete,
then all you have to do is perform the merge and Word and Outlook take
care of the rest and each contact is sent an individual email.

If you want more of a step-by-step set of instructions then take a
look at his article:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...264011033.aspx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Tim" wrote in message
I occasionally get email messages that have clearly been sent to
several
people, but my name is the only one to appear in the "To" line. I
would like
to use this option sometimes on messages that I send, but don't know
how to
do this in Outlook. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

To clarify the answers already given:
Either use mail merge from a list of e-mail addresses
or
Send the message to yourself and put all the addressees in the BCC field of
the message.