Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mathieu mathieu is offline

Default word 2007: center text in text box

Hi there,

I am following instruction from:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...384571033.aspx

It says:

Vertical alignment

Shapes showing vertical alignment of text

1. Right-click the border of the shape or text box.
2. On the shortcut menu, do one of the following:
* For a shape, click Format AutoShape, and then click the
Text Box tab.

Note The Text Box tab is unavailable in a shape unless
the shape contains text.
* For a text box, click Format Text Box, and then click the
Text Box tab.
3. Under Vertical alignment, click the option that you want.

unfortunately when I reach the "vertical alignment" option it is
grayed out. The documentation does nto explain what I need to do in
this case.

thanks !
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mathieu mathieu is offline

On Oct 30, 11:58 am, mathieu wrote:
[...]

switching to word 2007 file format is a solution, but I can't used it
as I need to export the doc in word 2003 for my coworkers.

ref:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...b?dmode=source
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Previous versions don't support vertical alignment in text boxes. You can
insert a single table cell in the text box and use the vertical alignment
feature available in tables.

"mathieu" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

As far as I know, setting the vertical alignment in text boxes is not
supported in Word 97-2003 documents. You could create the document in Word
2007 format and then send it as a PDF (assuming that your co-workers don't
have to edit the document of course).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

[...]