Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aurora

Default Writing Macros

I have been using the Record feature to create Macros for many years now and
have directly written a few myself. At the moment I'm still using Word 97.
Is there a book or something out there that I can purchase that will teach me
more about writing macros? I'd like something more advanced.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

I have found Learning Word Programming by Ph.D., Steven Roman to be very
helpful, but you can google for a good book and evaluate and make your own
decision. I hope this has been helpful to you.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Aurora" wrote:

I have been using the Record feature to create Macros for many years now and
have directly written a few myself. At the moment I'm still using Word 97.
Is there a book or something out there that I can purchase that will teach me
more about writing macros? I'd like something more advanced.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed

Check he http://word.mvps.org/Tutorials/BookRecommendations.htm. I have
the Word 2000 Developer's Handbook, and use it quite often. It does require
some knowledge of VBA to understand what's being said a lot of the time, but
it's good. The Word 2000 VBA Programmer's Reference might be a better
beginner's choice from the comments made; I have never used it. For the
very basics, don't overlook a "For Dummies" book, although you would need
one just for Word VBA.

Ed

"Aurora" wrote in message
I have been using the Record feature to create Macros for many years now

and
have directly written a few myself. At the moment I'm still using Word

97.
Is there a book or something out there that I can purchase that will teach

me
more about writing macros? I'd like something more advanced.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin B

I highly recommend the "Word 2000 Developer's Handbook" by Guy Hart-Davis.

It's a little out of date but very comprehensive. Although it has been out
of print for quite sometime, I was able to purchase a new copy via Amazon.

It's been a life saver...
--
Kevin Backmann

"Aurora" wrote:

I have been using the Record feature to create Macros for many years now and
have directly written a few myself. At the moment I'm still using Word 97.
Is there a book or something out there that I can purchase that will teach me
more about writing macros? I'd like something more advanced.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm sure all the books recommended are good ones, but until you get a book,
you might have a look at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...csIn15Mins.htm

"Aurora" wrote in message
I have been using the Record feature to create Macros for many years now

and
have directly written a few myself. At the moment I'm still using Word

97.
Is there a book or something out there that I can purchase that will teach

me
more about writing macros? I'd like something more advanced.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

One of the very best sources of knowledge on VBA is the Word Help.

Open the VBA Editor and spend as much time as it takes learning to use the
Help in VBA. That's where *I* learnt it all :-)

You must have the VBA editor open, its help is quite different to that which
you will see in Word itself. You must have installed the VBA Help (it's an
optional install item unless you did a FULL install of Microsoft Office).

I strongly recommend that you update to Word 2003 if you are going to use
VBA: The Help in Word 2003 is much better, and it's full of sample code you
can copy from the help.

Cheers

On 10/2/06 1:33 AM, in article
, "Aurora"
wrote:

I have been using the Record feature to create Macros for many years now and
have directly written a few myself. At the moment I'm still using Word 97.
Is there a book or something out there that I can purchase that will teach me
more about writing macros? I'd like something more advanced.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410