Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Annie1904 Annie1904 is offline

Default Assign macro to a clip art picture

Ihave created a macro in a word document which I would like users to activate
by clicking on aclip-art picture I have inserted. I know there is an option
of 'assign macro' in Excel, but can only see 'hyperlink' in Word, and I don't
know how to hyperlink to a macro. No instructions in Word help. Can anyone
tell me how?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can use your picture as the "prompt" for a MacroButton field (which will
require a double-click). The purpose of a MacroButton field is to run the
designated macro.

http://word.mvps.org

"Annie1904" wrote in message
Ihave created a macro in a word document which I would like users to
activate
by clicking on aclip-art picture I have inserted. I know there is an
option
of 'assign macro' in Excel, but can only see 'hyperlink' in Word, and I
don't
know how to hyperlink to a macro. No instructions in Word help. Can
anyone
tell me how?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Annie1904 wrote:
Ihave created a macro in a word document which I would like users to
activate by clicking on aclip-art picture I have inserted. I know
there is an option of 'assign macro' in Excel, but can only see
'hyperlink' in Word, and I don't know how to hyperlink to a macro.
No instructions in Word help. Can anyone tell me how?

Insert a MacroButton field as described in
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...acroButton.htm. Use the clip
art in place of the display text inside the field code -- that is, replace
the [Double-click here to run macro] part with the picture.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Annie1904 Annie1904 is offline

Default Assign macro to a clip art picture (in a form)

OK Thanks - got that working. But I have a further complication now! I have
created the document as a form. When I 'lock' the form, the macro does not
work! How do I put all of that in a form field?