Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Matty Matty is offline

Default cut here - dashed/dotted line with scissors icon

WinP Pro SP2
MS Office 2003 SP3

How do you create/insert a "cut here line"? I prefer a dashed/dotted line
with a scissors icon.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 4 May 2008 17:15:33 -0700, "Matty" wrote:

WinP Pro SP2
MS Office 2003 SP3

How do you create/insert a "cut here line"? I prefer a dashed/dotted line
with a scissors icon.

Thanks.

Insert either a double-quote character or a # character, and format it in
Wingdings font -- both are scissors, but in different orientations.

Then display the Drawing toolbar. Select the Line tool (next to the AutoShapes
button) and draw a line near the scissors. Using the other buttons on the
Drawing toolbar, format the line to the color, thickness, and dash style you
want.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Matty Matty is offline

wrote:

WinP Pro SP2
MS Office 2003 SP3

How do you create/insert a "cut here line"? I prefer a dashed/dotted line
with a scissors icon.

Thanks.

Insert either a double-quote character or a # character, and format it in
Wingdings font -- both are scissors, but in different orientations.

Then display the Drawing toolbar. Select the Line tool (next to the
AutoShapes
button) and draw a line near the scissors. Using the other buttons on the
Drawing toolbar, format the line to the color, thickness, and dash style
you
want.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Thanks.

I thought there would be an option for a ready made line style with a
scissor, like the one in MS Pub (although MS Pub is limited to complete
borders).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

You can tweak the border in Publisher and *almost* get it down to a single
line. It might be easier to find some sort of a graphic that would work for
you.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

My suggestion is forget the scissors. Just set up a line with tab leaders
using dotted lines formatted to a light grey. The first tab (a tab with
dotted leader) draws across to short of the cent then type in 'cut along
here' followed by a second tab leader, right aligned to the margin. So you
end up with something like...

------------------- cut along here ---------------------

Then save this as an AutoText (Quick Parts) item for regular use.

Do we really need scissors symbols to tell us to cut? I expect most people
will fold and tear because they don't have scissors handy.

Terry Farrell

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

And the first tab stop should be center-aligned (at the center of the line)
and the second right-aligned.

wrote:

[...]

newsgroup so all may benefit.

Thanks.

I thought there would be an option for a ready made line style with a
scissor, like the one in MS Pub (although MS Pub is limited to complete
borders).

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: cut here - dashed/dotted line with scissors icon

To create a "cut here line" with a dashed/dotted line and a scissors icon in Microsoft Word, you can follow these steps:
  1. Open a new or existing Word document.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the top menu.
  3. Click on the "Shapes" button in the "Illustrations" section.
  4. Scroll down to the "Lines" section and select the dashed or dotted line shape you prefer.
  5. Click and drag your mouse to draw the line where you want it in your document.
  6. Click on the "Insert" tab again and select the "Pictures" button in the "Illustrations" section.
  7. Choose an image of a scissors icon that you like and click "Insert."
  8. Resize the image as needed and position it where you want it on the line.

That's it! You now have a "cut here line" with a dashed/dotted line and a scissors icon in your Word document.