hegleran

Default Creating two side by side, independent tables

I read an earlier thread about two side by side tables, however, it is not
working in the way in which I need it to work. Here is what my problem is:

I need to have two tables side by side through an entire multiple page
document.
If I do this by using two columns, the left column table will span to the
right column, and then the right column table will span to the left column of
the following page.
If I do this without columns, setting the alignment to none, as specified in
the previous thread, the left table functions perfectly. However, the right
table then drops down the page, or begins at the bottom of the following page
depending on the size of the left table.
I am completely stumped on how to have two fully indepenedent tables both
flowing down the pages on their respective halves in Microsoft Word. I'm
very close to believing that this may not be possible.

Thanks,
-Andy

Doug Robbins

How about a two column one row table into the cells of which you insert the
other two tables, one to each cell as nested tables. You can have the
"outer" table without borders so that its presence is not apparent.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP