Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim

Default Backspace does not remove highlighted whole words, why?

When I highlight a word and hit backspace it does not delete the word. What
did I do to disable this function and what can I do to enable this function?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Tools Optons Edit
Typing replaces text.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Jim" wrote in message
When I highlight a word and hit backspace it does not delete the word.
What
did I do to disable this function and what can I do to enable this
function?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Check Tools options edit typing replaces selection