Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
flyerec

Default spell check problems

Im having a problem with my spell check for word in (so far) one document,
Im using office 2000 on windows xp, I actually transferred the file from
another computer also using office 2000 on windows xp, in the document the
spell check works fine up to a certain point. Literally between words, the
spell check will go from finding the incorrect words to ignoring the same
incorrect spellings. Basically if I wrote gibberish it would underline it,
but at a certain point, the same gibberish is not underlined. I also get
these error messages:

Word cannot find the grammar file msgr??32.dll for .
And
Word cannot find the spelling file MSSpell3.dll or mssp232.dll for .

When I highlight the text that doesnt work and go into
ToolsOptionsSpelling and Grammar the check boxes for the Grammar are shaded
out and I cant select them. Does anyone know whats wrong with my file?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Zmx5ZXJlYw==?=,

You should start with the article in the Tips section of my website for an
overview of how spell check (language formatting) works in Word. Just so we're
all on the same basic wavelength :-)

With which language(s) are the two sets of text foramtted, if you select a bit
of text then look in Tools/Language/Set language?

[...]

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)