Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
jrs

Default How do I create web pages so tables/frames NEVER resize, even whe.

Through trial and error with MS Word, I've made web pages with tables and
frames, as well as combinations of both, but when I put the final webpage
online, they always get resized when I make the browser window smaller.
Confirming that the tables are fixed widths and that the frames are not
resizable does not resolve the problem. I assume MS Word was designed to
keep the maximum content on screen, no matter how narrow the browser window
is, but that is NOT what I want. I want the width and appearance of my
content to remain static, meaning that a user who reduces the size of their
browser window runs the risk of having some content cut off on the right side
of the screen -- i.e., like most normal websites. Thanks in advance for any
input.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jezebel

The short answer is, don't use Word to create web pages. It wasn't designed
for it, and it does it really badly. But if you must, open the HTML output
and edit the table settings directly.

"jrs" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
jrs

Default How do I create web pages so tables/frames NEVER resize, even

I was afraid that would be the response, but thanks. I'm just trying to make
a personal wedding page for friends and family to view, so I'm not prepared
to invest in a full publishing package. Any recommendations on what the
relevant settings script should be or where to find a newbie-friendly primer
for table settings on the net? Thanks again.