Shelley

Default turn off formatting track changes

Hi
I use a number of word documents with tracking turned on, I want to be able
to track the changes for deleted text or inserted text, i do not want to see
the balloons for formatted text, I know that it can be turned off for a
document, I was wondering if any one knew of a way to turn formatting changes
off completely. your help would be appreciated.... I am going mad trying to
do this.... or can it not be done.... is it all changes or none???
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?U2hlbGxleQ==?=,

I use a number of word documents with tracking turned on, I want to be able
to track the changes for deleted text or inserted text, i do not want to see
the balloons for formatted text, I know that it can be turned off for a
document, I was wondering if any one knew of a way to turn formatting changes
off completely.

No, there's no way to turn it off. But you can stop the tracking being inserted
into a document by going to Tools/Options/Track Changes and choosing "None" from
the list for "Formatting". (I'm looking at Word 2003, BTW)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

JudithJubilee

Hello there,

You need to go to Tools + Options + Track Changes tab.
There are options to set which tracked changes you would
like to see. Turn Formatting to None.

I hope this helps

Judith

.