Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
tammy tammy is offline

Default email received with pictures within message

Hi,

I have read many posts, and know that Outlook cannot send out an email merge
with pictures (within the message, or as letterhead/header). I did post a
question a few days ago, and now have a better understanding of the email
merge process. However, I have a user who has received a *personalized*
autoresponse email which *does* include pictures within the message. Does
anyone know how this could have been done? I don't know anything about VBA,
so if that is the only solution, I guess I won't be able to do this.

I have all the information about sending out an email merge with an
attachment (great information - and have implemented this!!), however, my
user does not want to include an attachment with their message.

The solution I'm leaning towards is setting up a webpage with all the info
my user is trying to convey, and including a link to that webpage within her
email merge. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any other solution - or
even a third party application that will include pictures with email
messages. We are using Outlook 2007 and Word 2007.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JohnB JohnB is offline

I frequently include a graphic within the text message such as a signature.
Is this what you're trying to do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If the e-mail message is html format than of course you can insert graphics
into the body of the message, however headers and footers (and pages for
that matter) are not compatible with html format.

Tammy wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
tammy tammy is offline

Hi John - thanks for your question - no, we are looking for a way to send out
emails to individuals (by doing an email merge) which will include pictures
with links attached to the pictures. We were even wondering if it was
possible to embed a video into the email message so that it plays when
clicked. Since the email merge process through Word converts documents to
plain text, we lose any graphics we've included.

What my user would like to do doesn't seem possible using straight MS
products, so I was wondering if anyone knew of any third party software that
we could use, along with Word and Outlook, to create and send out what we
need.

My user has received personalized "autoresponse" emails with all the bells
and whistles within the body of the email message and we were wondering how
that could have been done.

Thanks!

"JohnB" wrote:

I frequently include a graphic within the text message such as a signature.
Is this what you're trying to do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JohnB JohnB is offline

Tammy

Perhaps I haven't grasped your problem!

Ensure you have a web page with your media
Select a small (say 80k) picture file and insert this into a blank WORD
document.
Type any instructions / message etc.
Select the graphic with one click and then CTRL + K to add the hyperlink to
your web page. Type in the URL
Under FILE select Send to... BUT NOT AS AN ATTACHMENT
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
tammy tammy is offline

JohnB!!! You rock! I DO feel a little stupid...I must have been overthinking
this one.... What did you do to my computer to get this to work?

Thanks for the direction...it was exactly what I needed to *trick* the
system into what I needed.

Because my user wanted to use our logo info as letterhead, I inserted it as
a picture into a text box. I typed the rest of the letter in the same text
box below the image, and included a picture with a hyperlink attached to it
within the message. Everything was received, as arranged within the text box.

As an FYI, I had to insert everything into one big text box, otherwise, when
a recipient opened the email, the pictures would display in different
locations all over the message. Keeping everything in one textbox, kept
everything together.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post, I was already out
researching other software. So, glad we can stay within the Microsoft
products. You've been very helpful, thanks, again!