Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Payson Payson is offline

Default How can I create documents that doesn't automatically compress?

I am doing on-line school. When I create a word document and upload it to my
professors, they can not open it because it is a zipped file. How can I
create work documents that don't automatically compress? I can do this with
my XP but not with Vista. Is there a setting or default I need to change?

Help!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Payson Payson is offline

No, I am using Word 2003, the same as on my XP. The only difference is in
the system whice is Vista that the problem occurs. I can save the document
the same and upload it the same from both systems. But, the professors find
it in a zip file and cannot open it when the document came from my computer
with Vista.

Any suggestions?

Payson wrote:
I am doing on-line school. When I create a word document and upload
it to my professors, they can not open it because it is a zipped
file. How can I create work documents that don't automatically
compress? I can do this with my XP but not with Vista. Is there a
setting or default I need to change?

Help!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Payson Payson is offline

Payson wrote:
I am doing on-line school. When I create a word document and upload
it to my professors, they can not open it because it is a zipped
file. How can I create work documents that don't automatically
compress? I can do this with my XP but not with Vista. Is there a
setting or default I need to change?

Help!!!!

Graham,

I have tried this, too. I submitted the document as both Word.doc and as
Rich Text and both are zipped files. Is there any way to set the default to
not zip files in Vista?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There is no function in Word to create zipped documents on the fly. I regret
I know nothing about Vista, but if it automatically creates compressed
files, then there should be a way of turning it off from Vista. Ask in a
Vista forum.

Are the files compressed if you merely save them to the hard drive? If not,
open an e-mail message - preferably in Outlook - and add the document to the
message as an attachment.

Payson wrote:
I am doing on-line school. When I create a word document and
upload it to my professors, they can not open it because it is a
zipped file. How can I create work documents that don't
automatically compress? I can do this with my XP but not with
Vista. Is there a setting or default I need to change?

Help!!!!

Graham,

I have tried this, too. I submitted the document as both Word.doc
and as Rich Text and both are zipped files. Is there any way to set
the default to not zip files in Vista?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Payson Payson is offline

Actually, I did write the document on Word 2007, which I didn't realize. The
college is using Word 2003 so that was the problem all along. Thank you for
helping me with this problem. It has been resolved.