Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pc Problem guy Pc Problem guy is offline

Default File troubles

My wife saved something and now every file we try and open says File ___.doc
is not available. That happens with all files. And every time I close Word
it asks if I want to save Normal.dot.

Any help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

First see how to re-register Word when problems crop up opening files
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ReRegisterWord.htm and if that doesn't
fix it select a document in Windows Explorer, right click and choose Open
with...
From the ensuing dialog select Word (winword.exe) and check the box to
always open with this application.

See also http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then