Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
dccsvd55 dccsvd55 is offline

Default Word and Excel Merge

In Word there is a problem with maintaing the number format used in Excel.
(There doesn't seem to be a problem with the date format.) I am surprised by
this because this problem doesn't exist in the older versions of MS Word!!
What happened? I don't like the idea of having to fix or adjust all the data
fields!!

There seems to be a few work around solutions, but why should I bother with
those solutions when the older versions of Word and Excel worked fine
together?
--
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi dccsvd55,

If you're getting different results from before, it's most likely because you're using a different data connection method. The Word
'07 default for Excel files is OLE DB, but you can still choose DDE and ODBC if you prefer.

--
Cheers
macropod

"dccsvd55" wrote in message ...
In Word there is a problem with maintaing the number format used in Excel.
(There doesn't seem to be a problem with the date format.) I am surprised by
this because this problem doesn't exist in the older versions of MS Word!!
What happened? I don't like the idea of having to fix or adjust all the data
fields!!

There seems to be a few work around solutions, but why should I bother with
those solutions when the older versions of Word and Excel worked fine
together?
--
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

To get the opportunity the select the connection method, click on the Office
button and then on Word Options and then on Advanced and scroll down the to
the General section towards the bottom of the dialog and check the box
against the item "Confirm fiel format conversion on open".

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.