Momof3Sons

Default What is best method to create a template to fill in info in Word

I have created a template which must have info entered throughout the
document. Some of the information is kept in Outlook and some data is not
kept anywhere, but I would like some of the data to be kept in a database.
What is the best way to enter the data and keep it in a file and fill in the
template?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TW9tb2YzU29ucw==?=,

I have created a template which must have info entered throughout the
document. Some of the information is kept in Outlook and some data is not
kept anywhere, but I would like some of the data to be kept in a database.
What is the best way to enter the data and keep it in a file and fill in the
template?

At the level you're asking this: where to keep data, some in Outlook, some in a
database (and I assume there should be synchronization), you probably should
take this question to a developer newsgroup. Before you do, though, you need to
work on your problem description a bit, so that people can grasp what you're
after.

1. Version of Word, of Windows, and what database programs (if any) are at your
disposal

2. If you can't have all the data in Outlook (since some is there already) say
why not

3. Discuss how you want to link or synchronize the data in these separate
sources

4. Mention that you need program interfaces to access the data in order to
write it into Word.

5. Anything else I haven't guessed, but that you'll need.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)