Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Valentin Valentin is offline

Default Will Office 2003 work in Windows Vista?

In my new notebook I have uninstalled Trial Office 2007 : I'm too old "to
learn new tricks", since only now I'm beginning to learn some of the
essentials of Office 2003 on my desktop.
I would like to install Office 2003 I'm using on my desktop also on my
notebook.
Will it work without problems?
My reason for asking is this: not all of my other programs or network
printers are compatible with Vista.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Basically, they will coexist happily with some jiggery pokery except for
Outlook where you must only install Outlook 2007. This MSKB article tell you
what you need to do to make them work happily together.

Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Valentin" wrote in message
In my new notebook I have uninstalled Trial Office 2007 : I'm too old "to
learn new tricks", since only now I'm beginning to learn some of the
essentials of Office 2003 on my desktop.
I would like to install Office 2003 I'm using on my desktop also on my
notebook.
Will it work without problems?
My reason for asking is this: not all of my other programs or network
printers are compatible with Vista.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Basically, they will coexist happily with some jiggery pokery except for
Outlook where you must only install Outlook 2007. This MSKB article tell
you what you need to do to make them work happily together.

Thank you very much. It's good to know about "happy coexistence" of
Vista/Office 2003.
As far as Outlook is concerned, I never install it anyway: I'm quite happy
with
Outlook Express for Mail/Newsgroups.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Valentin" wrote in message
In my new notebook I have uninstalled Trial Office 2007 : I'm too old "to
learn new tricks", since only now I'm beginning to learn some of the
essentials of Office 2003 on my desktop.
I would like to install Office 2003 I'm using on my desktop also on my
notebook.
Will it work without problems?
My reason for asking is this: not all of my other programs or network
printers are compatible with Vista.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Actually Terry was talking about the coexistence of Office 2003 and Office
2007. Office 2003 however should work OK under Vista.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Valentin" wrote in message
In my new notebook I have uninstalled Trial Office 2007 : I'm too old
"to learn new tricks", since only now I'm beginning to learn some of the
essentials of Office 2003 on my desktop.
I would like to install Office 2003 I'm using on my desktop also on my
notebook.
Will it work without problems?
My reason for asking is this: not all of my other programs or network
printers are compatible with Vista.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
eden1127 eden1127 is offline

How did you do this? I currently have NO office program on my new laptop
running Vista. I try to install Microsoft Office 2003 Professional (given to
me from my work) and it won't install??

"Valentin" wrote in message
In my new notebook I have uninstalled Trial Office 2007 : I'm too old
"to learn new tricks", since only now I'm beginning to learn some of the
essentials of Office 2003 on my desktop.
I would like to install Office 2003 I'm using on my desktop also on my
notebook.
Will it work without problems?
My reason for asking is this: not all of my other programs or network
printers are compatible with Vista.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Just stick in the CD and it will autorun. What happens when you try to
install Office? At what point of the installation does it fail?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Valentin" wrote in message
In my new notebook I have uninstalled Trial Office 2007 : I'm too old
"to learn new tricks", since only now I'm beginning to learn some of
the
essentials of Office 2003 on my desktop.
I would like to install Office 2003 I'm using on my desktop also on
my
notebook.
Will it work without problems?
My reason for asking is this: not all of my other programs or network
printers are compatible with Vista.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Explain "it won't install".