Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pbkry2r pbkry2r is offline

Default Saving auto text entries during reformatting

I'm having a partition installed on my work computer and I suspect my auto
correct entries will be lost. I have Windows XP, SP3, Word 2007. I have a
backup removable disk on which I'm storing my personal files until after the
reformatting. I've searched for previous answers to this, but they seemed to
be for earlier versions of Word. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

pbkry2r wrote:
I'm having a partition installed on my work computer and I suspect my
auto correct entries will be lost. I have Windows XP, SP3, Word 2007.
I have a backup removable disk on which I'm storing my personal files
until after the reformatting. I've searched for previous answers to
this, but they seemed to be for earlier versions of Word. Can anyone
help?

For AutoCorrect entries, the answer is the same as for previous versions:
formatted entries are in the Normal template (in this case, Normal.dotm),
and plain-text entries are in .ACL files in C:\Documents and Settings\your
name\Application Data\Microsoft\Office. (The reason for this division is
that plain-text entries can be used in all Office programs, while formatted
ones are specific to Word.)

In Word 2007, AutoText entries are part of the Building Blocks feature.
Depending on what you entered in the dialog when you saved them, they might
be in C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Application
Data\Microsoft\Document Building Blocks\1033 (or another numbered subfolder,
depending on language), in Normal.dotm, or in another template.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman