Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Isaac

Default Tab no longer indents bullets properly

Up until a few weeks ago, when I was on a bullet and hit the tab key, Word
would change it to a sub-bullet by moving the little circle over and changing
it from filled to unfilled. Then all the sudden, seemingly overnight, it's
stopped working. Now when I'm on a bullet and hit tab the cursor jumps over
but the circle stays put. I can still create sub-bullets by using the indent
buttons on the toolbar but I'd really like to continue using the tab key.

If anyone has any information on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

In Word 97 and 2000, click on Tools | Options | Edit | check the
"Tabs and backspace set left indent" box | OK.

In Word 2002 and 2003, click on Tools | AutoCorrect Options |
AutoFormat As You Type | check the "Set left- and first-indent
with tabs and backspaces" box | OK.