Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
theturx

Default can i recover an earlier version of a word document that has been.

I mistakenly clicked "save" instead of "save as" after I made some changes to
a word document that I wanted to keep, and then closed the file. Is there any
way to recover this earlier version of my document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Yes. From your system backup tape. Or, if you have Word set to save a
backup, it will be there, in the same folder with a different extension. It
will be named "Backup of MyDoc.wbk" instead of "MyDoc.doc." This feature
creates a new backup for your document each time you save, overwriting any
previous backup. If you have this turned on, every once in a while you'll
probably want to go into your documents folders and clean out the old
backups.

No backup? It is gone. Sorry.

This is one, of many, reasons to use templates rather than documents as the
basis for new documents. For more on the different kinds of templates, tabs
on the file new dialog, and locations of templates folders see
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM