Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Justsailaway Justsailaway is offline

Default Why is "the selection locked" in all my Word documents?

I opened Word 2007 in Windows Vista and it won't let me type anything or edit
any of my documents because "the selection is locked". I'm not sure if it's
relevant, but I haven't entered my Product Key yet, mainly because I don't
think I have one. How can I get back to Word and the way it was before?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rangana rangana is offline

Hi justsailaway,

I have been experiencing that problem too. Mine is a trial version and its
uneditable. I guess were on the same track. Try installing it back, supply
the product key. If you have none, install back your 2003. It will get those
worn out of your head.

Best regardz!

"Justsailaway" wrote:

I opened Word 2007 in Windows Vista and it won't let me type anything or edit
any of my documents because "the selection is locked". I'm not sure if it's
relevant, but I haven't entered my Product Key yet, mainly because I don't
think I have one. How can I get back to Word and the way it was before?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Justsailaway Justsailaway is offline

Thank you very much for your advice...but how do I install 2003 on Vista? I
thought it was incompatible....

"Justsailaway" wrote:

I opened Word 2007 in Windows Vista and it won't let me type anything or edit
any of my documents because "the selection is locked". I'm not sure if it's
relevant, but I haven't entered my Product Key yet, mainly because I don't
think I have one. How can I get back to Word and the way it was before?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word 2003 is not incompatible with Vista!

If the trial version has expired then you will either have to buy a copy or
uninstall it completely and re-install Word 2003.

"Justsailaway" wrote:

I opened Word 2007 in Windows Vista and it won't let me type
anything or edit any of my documents because "the selection is
locked". I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I haven't entered my
Product Key yet, mainly because I don't think I have one. How can I
get back to Word and the way it was before?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Justsailaway Justsailaway is offline

some of my documents aren't compatible with 2003...if I convert them on
another windows 2000 computer that has word 2007 will they even open?

"Justsailaway" wrote:

I opened Word 2007 in Windows Vista and it won't let me type
anything or edit any of my documents because "the selection is
locked". I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I haven't entered my
Product Key yet, mainly because I don't think I have one. How can I
get back to Word and the way it was before?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Does Word 2007 work on Windows 2000?
If your problem is that you are unable to open Word 2007 documents in Word
2003, you need the compatibility pack
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...686761033.aspx