Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BT BT is offline

Default What does "selection is locked" mean?

Sometimes, but not always, when I open a new document in Word, I can't just
start typing. There is a message at the bottom informing me that the
selection is locked. What the #*#^^ does that mean?!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

http://www.word07.com/locking.htm

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"BT" wrote in message
Sometimes, but not always, when I open a new document in Word, I can't
just
start typing. There is a message at the bottom informing me that the
selection is locked. What the #*#^^ does that mean?!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Is your new document a blank document? Do you see a blue box in the document
when you attempt to type?

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out: