Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
simonc simonc is offline

Default Field name mapping

I have a merge from Excel, where the Excel Column(Field) Header is 1.2.3
There is a column with 6.1.11 and one with 6.11.1 (which caused the
confusion).
During the merge, the spreadsheet is displayed with column headings: 6#11#1
etc.
After the merge, the codes are displayed as { MERGEFIELD "M_6111_" } i.e.
the field name is M_6111_.
I found the other field (M_6111_1)...!

My question: Is there anywhere where I can see/edit which column/header the
field code maps to?

Cheers,
Simon.