Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wendy Wendy is offline

Default Metadata stripping in Word 2007 doc

A document is created using track changes. The document is then stripped of
its metadata. Other changes are made within the office by other reviewers.
However we have noticed that within our domain if more changes are made the
document is still automatically stripped of its metadata. Would the
document still be automatically stripped of its metadata if it is sent
outside our domain?
--
Thanks
Wendy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Yes if you used the Document Inspector to remove the metadata. It enables a
security option that will remove personal information each time you save. To
change this, open the document, click the Office Button/Word Options/Trust
Center, then click the Trust Center Settings button. Then in the Privacy
Options, deselect "Remove personal information from file properties on
save".

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton