Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rilian Rilian is offline

Default How do I set up a page divided horizontally for compliment slips

I need to set up a page format for three compliment slips. This was simple
in WordPerfect but Word doesn't seem to have the same layout/template.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In Word you would use a 1x3 or 1x5 table. There are several ways to go about
this:

1. One column and three rows: Set top and bottom (and header and footer)
margins to 0" (Word will howl) and set the row height to 11/3". Create top
and bottom margins for each slip using cell margins.

2. One column and three rows: Set sensible top and bottom margins on the
page, and adjust the cell margins in the respective cells to result in
equivalent margins in each cell (that is, bottom margin only on the top row,
top and bottom on the middle row, and top only on the bottom row).

3. Use five rows instead. Set sensible top and bottom margins and set the
height of rows 2 and 4 to the sum of the top and bottom margins, letting the
remaining three rows evenly divide what's left.

4. Use a template such as that at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CT101043211033
or the 3-up gift certificate template you can download from
http://www.geographics.com/index.php?ftemp=on&region=us. The simplest thing,
of course, would be to find an Avery "label" definition for this, but
apparently Avery doesn't make 3-up gift certificates (at least I couldn't
find any via Google) and so doesn't provide a template for same.