Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
oops oops is offline

Default Style

Hi all

how can I see what Style has been applied to a portion of text (word 2007)?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

There are a couple of ways.

The most convenient for me is to add a Style dropdown to the Quick Access
Toolbar. In the Customize Quick Access Toolbar dialog, select the All
Commands category, click on the Style item (when you hover over it, the tag
includes the description "StyleGalleryClassic"), and click the Add button.
The box on the Quick Access Toolbar will show the style of whatever text you
select (assuming it only has one style).

Another way is to open the Styles pane (click the launcher button in the
title bar of the Styles group on the Home ribbon, or press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S)
and click the Style Inspector button, the middle one of the three at the
bottom of the pane. If you expect to use this frequently, add it to the
Quick Access Toolbar through the Customize dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman