Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Purplejopeg Purplejopeg is offline

Default copying colour from a table cell to another table cell

I have produced a specific colour in a cell, I now want to use it in another
table in the same document, how can I copy the colour?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Helmut Weber[_2_] Helmut Weber[_2_] is offline

Hi Purplejopeg,

I couldn't find a way other than to record the source color,
select the target cells afterwards,
and apply the recorded color.

Of course, some vba-knowledge is essential.

Option Explicit
Dim lngColor As Long ' global for module
' -------------------------------
Sub GetColor()
lngColor = Selection.Cells(1).Shading.BackgroundPatternColor
End Sub
' -------------------------------
Sub SetColor()
Selection.Cells.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = lngColor
End Sub

You may assign the macros to convenient shortcuts.

The value of lngColor might not stay defined forever,
depending on what you do between getcolor and setcolor.

--

Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Vista Small Business, Office XP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Purplejopeg Purplejopeg is offline

Thanks, but I don't have any vba knowledge, guess it is visual basic. I have
managed to find out the colour breakdown so all is not lost, but it is very
slow.

"Helmut Weber" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

If you've applied the colour once, you can apply it to other cells with F4
(EditRedoOrRepeat).
I thought it would be enough to open and close the BordersAndShading dialog
with the cursor in the cell you want to "copy" from, to pick up the colour,
but that does not seem to work in Word 2003.

Regards,
Klaus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

FWIW, it doesn't seem to be working in Word 2007 either. The *borders* can be
picked up by visiting the Borders and Shading dialog, and then pressing F4,
though.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP