Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mail Merge 'Next Record If'

Default Next record if

I am downloading emp personal data from another system into Excel for our
employees to verify. I am running into problems with the dependents section
which can vary depending on how many dependents are listed. The Excel ss
shows 5 records for one emp while the next only has one. How can I get the
merge to understand that when the clock number changes to go to a new form?
The rest of the form works great but this is driving me nuts! I believe it
has something to do with the 'next record if' word insert but can't get the
correct syntax. It keeps merging the same number of dependents for each
record (page) and grabs the next available dependents to 'fill up' the
section.

Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You are trying to perform a "multiple items per condition (=key field)"
mailmerge which Word does not really have the ability to do:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP