Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Chrissy Kay Chrissy Kay is offline

Default How do you insert a block quote?

Hi Everyone! How's it goin'? I would like some advice relating to inserting
a block quote into your document. I used the paragraph indention, but no
luck!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

Tell us in more detail what you are trying to achieve - what do you mean by
a "block quote"

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Chrissy Kay" Chrissy wrote in message
Hi Everyone! How's it goin'? I would like some advice relating to
inserting
a block quote into your document. I used the paragraph indention, but no
luck!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

As Doug suggests the term "block quote" has various implications depending
on the frame of reference. Typically it involves both a left & right indent.
If you Google the term you'll find plenty of information.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/9/09 12:58 AM, in article
, "Chrissy Kay" Chrissy
wrote:

Hi Everyone! How's it goin'? I would like some advice relating to inserting
a block quote into your document. I used the paragraph indention, but no
luck!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you are using W2003, apply the built-in block text style. It indents from
both left and right. For some reason, in W2007, the style text is blue,
italic, and the paragraph is inside borders€”none of which you likely want for
a formal paper. You'll need to edit the style to get rid of the pretty stuff.

PamC

Chrissy Kay wrote:
Hi Everyone! How's it goin'? I would like some advice relating to inserting
a block quote into your document. I used the paragraph indention, but no
luck!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I thought we had hashed this out with the product team and got them to
understand that Block Text or Block Quote does *not* mean the same thing as
Pull Quote, which is what the formatting they produced is intended for.
sigh Worse still, the default styles list includes Quote, which is just
Normal + Italic. double sigh

http://word.mvps.org

Chrissy Kay wrote:
Hi Everyone! How's it goin'? I would like some advice relating to
inserting
a block quote into your document. I used the paragraph indention, but no
luck!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What a relief. Here I was I was worried that I had messed up my normal.dotm
by somehow incorporating those bogus specs.

...You'd think it couldn't have hurt to add one more style.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
I thought we had hashed this out with the product team and got them to
understand that Block Text or Block Quote does *not* mean the same thing as
Pull Quote, which is what the formatting they produced is intended for.
sigh Worse still, the default styles list includes Quote, which is just
Normal + Italic. double sigh

If you are using W2003, apply the built-in block text style. It indents
from

[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
a block quote into your document. I used the paragraph indention, but no
luck!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I'm really puzzled about this because this was a "bug" that was addressed by
several MVPs, and I could have sworn they'd told us it was fixed. Evidently
not. Maybe in Word 14...

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
I thought we had hashed this out with the product team and got them to
understand that Block Text or Block Quote does *not* mean the same thing
as
Pull Quote, which is what the formatting they produced is intended for.
sigh Worse still, the default styles list includes Quote, which is just
Normal + Italic. double sigh

If you are using W2003, apply the built-in block text style. It indents
from

[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
a block quote into your document. I used the paragraph indention, but
no
luck!

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do you insert a block quote?

Hey there! I'd be happy to help you with inserting a block quote in your Microsoft Word document. Here are the steps you can follow:
  1. First, select the text that you want to format as a block quote.
  2. Next, go to the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Look for the "Styles" section and click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of that section to open the "Styles" pane.
  4. In the "Styles" pane, scroll down until you see the "Quote" style. It should have a blue icon with a quotation mark.
  5. Click on the "Quote" style to apply it to your selected text. This will format the text as a block quote with indented margins on both sides.

If you don't see the "Quote" style in the "Styles" pane, you may need to add it to your Quick Styles gallery. Here's how:
  1. Right-click on the "Quote" style in the "Styles" pane.
  2. Select "Add to Quick Styles Gallery" from the dropdown menu.
  3. The "Quote" style should now appear in the Quick Styles gallery at the top of the "Styles" pane.

I hope this helps you format your block quote!