Ninny7

Default After I insert a picture in word it doesn't display.

Regardless of how I insert a picture into a word doc, it won't display on the
screen although it will print. If I open help and the active screen changes
the picture will display but if I page down it disappears again. I've tried
changing the canvas settings and nothing changes. It almost seems like a
refresh issue but no matter how long I wait it still doesn't appear. Has
anyone else encountered this problem? I'm using a new laptop with xp pro,
running office xp 02 and have 512mb ram and scads of free space on my hd. I
have a desktop with the same settings except xp home and it doesn't have this
problem. Thanks!
Anne Troy

See if this helps, you ninny, you.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/m...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Ninny7" wrote in message
Regardless of how I insert a picture into a word doc, it won't display on
the
screen although it will print. If I open help and the active screen
changes
the picture will display but if I page down it disappears again. I've
tried
changing the canvas settings and nothing changes. It almost seems like a
refresh issue but no matter how long I wait it still doesn't appear. Has
anyone else encountered this problem? I'm using a new laptop with xp pro,
running office xp 02 and have 512mb ram and scads of free space on my hd.
have a desktop with the same settings except xp home and it doesn't have
this
problem. Thanks!

Graham Mayor

This appears to be attributable to the graphics driver with recent ATI
display adapters and the Intel® 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset Family
causing particular problems.

In the case of the latter, the latest driver
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...ProductID=1764
appears to fix the problem. DON'T TRY TO USE THIS DRIVER WITH ANY OTHER
CHIPSET/ADAPTER.

If you have the problem with a different display adapter and are sure you
are using the latest driver, then try reducing the display's hardware
acceleration.