Ken

Default Text from fields, templates, protection, and tracked changes?

I've created a document template using dropdown lists and text form fields.

I need to switch on the document protection to get these elements to work
but I really need to be able to track the changes in text form fields.
However, the protection disables the tracked changes.

If I turn off the protection tracked chages works, but when I protect the
document again the information in the dropdownlists is lost.

Any ideas how I can get around this?

Thanks
Jay Freedman

Ken wrote:
I've created a document template using dropdown lists and text form
fields.

I need to switch on the document protection to get these elements to
work but I really need to be able to track the changes in text form
fields. However, the protection disables the tracked changes.

If I turn off the protection tracked chages works, but when I protect
the document again the information in the dropdownlists is lost.

Any ideas how I can get around this?

Thanks

There isn't anything you can do about the incompatibility of forms
protection and track changes, but you can arrange to reprotect the form
without losing the field contents. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...lfResetOff.htm.

--
Regards,