Bobby Schmidt

Default printing .jpg pictures

My word document contains text and inserted .jpeg pictures.

Although the pictures are displayed in the print preview, when I print the
document the pictures come out as a black square.

I inserted one of the pictures in .tif format and it printed

katin42

It could be that you need to re-adjust your printer settings. Instead of
using "Standard/Automatic", access your color settings to lighten all colors,
including black. Out of all the black needs to turned a little further. Try
printing at a slower setting as well for the test run. Another route you can
take is to lighten the actual .jpg pictures, or apply both. Change printing
quality and speed back to standard, with the customized color settings, and
compare. You still might have to print a few more times.

"Bobby Schmidt" wrote:

My word document contains text and inserted .jpeg pictures.

Although the pictures are displayed in the print preview, when I print the
document the pictures come out as a black square.

I inserted one of the pictures in .tif format and it printed

Bobby Schmidt

Did not make a difference.

Funny thing, when I insert multiple .jpeg pictures some print if full color
and some are black squares. It's always the same ones that print in black
squares.
My printer is HP 2710

Any further ideas?

"Bobby Schmidt" wrote:

My word document contains text and inserted .jpeg pictures.

Although the pictures are displayed in the print preview, when I print the
document the pictures come out as a black square.

I inserted one of the pictures in .tif format and it printed

katin42

Let me see if I understand correctly, you managed to isolate a specific
collection jpegs that always come out black. This could simply be a problem
by design. I really wish I could see them, to find the predominant color. I
can't believe, they have color, but come out solid black. I've had problems
with jpegs and others, when I alter them from their original size, like
trying to expand or scale down too much. When you say jpeg, are they closer
to being photographs or artistic paintings? I've had this problem with
photos before. I've even tried removing the black completely, and then get
nothing. : ( Without seeing them, I'm not sure. Maybe you could contact the
vendor or Clip Art Media support for further options. Wish I could help more.

"Bobby Schmidt" wrote:

My word document contains text and inserted .jpeg pictures.

Although the pictures are displayed in the print preview, when I print the
document the pictures come out as a black square.

I inserted one of the pictures in .tif format and it printed

Bobby Schmidt

We are getting close to the reason.

All three .jpeg file that print as a black squares are company logo's. Two
are black on a white background and the other is blue on a white back ground.

The logo's that print are more colorful except for one that is black on a
white back ground.

I do change sizes quite a bit.

Does this help you?

Thanks

"Bobby Schmidt" wrote:

My word document contains text and inserted .jpeg pictures.

Although the pictures are displayed in the print preview, when I print the
document the pictures come out as a black square.

I inserted one of the pictures in .tif format and it printed

Bobby Schmidt

Even Closer.

When I print the document on my Epson Stylus Photo 2200 all Logo'd print.

I therefore assume the problem does not rest with Word but rather my HP
Photosmart 2710.

Thanks

"Bobby Schmidt" wrote:

My word document contains text and inserted .jpeg pictures.

Although the pictures are displayed in the print preview, when I print the
document the pictures come out as a black square.

I inserted one of the pictures in .tif format and it printed

Bobby Schmidt

Here is conversation I had with HP

Adrian: Hi Bobby.
Adrian: Welcome to HP Total Care for All-in-One products. My name is Adrian.
How may I assist you today?
Bobby Schmidt: Hi
Bobby Schmidt: I have a document in Word containg .jpeg images of company
logos. Whwn I print the document many are printed as black squares. when I
print the document on my Epson Photo 2200 all images print. help
Adrian: May I have the All-in-One model number please?
Bobby Schmidt: photosmart 2710
Adrian: Please print a self test page by performing the following steps from
your All-in-One front panel:

1 Load letter, A4, or legal unused plain white paper into the input tray.
2 Press Setup.
3 Press 2, then press 5.
This displays the Print Report menu and then selects Self-Test Report.

The HP all-in-one prints a self-test report.
Bobby Schmidt: Done. All color print
Adrian: Okay.
Adrian: Open the document in word you want to print.
Bobby Schmidt: Done
Adrian: Go to File - Print Preview.
Bobby Schmidt: Done - It displays all the logos
Adrian: Okay.
Adrian: Is the printer powered on and connected to the computer at the
moment? (PSC 2710 All-in-One)
Bobby Schmidt: Yes
Adrian: Click on the printer icon in the preview window, the document starts
printing.
Adrian: Is the document printed?
Bobby Schmidt: It's printing - Logo printing as black squares
Adrian: How is the normal text?
Bobby Schmidt: Just fine
Adrian: Okay.
Adrian: Copy any one of the image, paste it into mspaint and try printing
from there.
Bobby Schmidt: I open paint - and i selected an image to copy but it will
not allow me to copt the image. i am not familiar with paint
Adrian: In the Word document, right click on the image, and select copy.
Adrian: Then go to mspaint, click on Edit - Paste.
Bobby Schmidt: OK i figured it out and the image prints in paint
Adrian: Okay.
Adrian: Open a New Word document (Not the same previous document), paste the
same image in Word and try printing it from there.
Bobby Schmidt: I get the black square in the new word doucment containg only
the image
Adrian: The issue seems with the MS Word application. I recommend you
uninstall and reinstall MS Office to resolve the issue.
Bobby Schmidt: Why does the image print on my epson printer. My old HP K60
printed the image. Problem does not appear to be word related to me
Adrian: Okay, Open MS Power point.
Bobby Schmidt: I only have power point viewer
Adrian: Okay.
Adrian: Bobby, as we have printed self test report. it is fine. Then we have
printed the image from MS Paint, this shows that the PSC's hardware as well
as software both are fine.
Adrian: The issue seems only with the Word application, uninstall it and
reinstall.
Adrian: Is there any thing else I can assist you with today?
Adrian: Bobby, are we still connected?
Bobby Schmidt: Yes. I will try you solution but folks at work says it is not
their problem. Typical pass the buck I am getting from both of you. Looks
like I will return the printer

Do you have a solution?

"Bobby Schmidt" wrote:

My word document contains text and inserted .jpeg pictures.

Although the pictures are displayed in the print preview, when I print the
document the pictures come out as a black square.

I inserted one of the pictures in .tif format and it printed

katin42

Printer setting terms may vary, but in your "Color Settings" (for
customizing), are you set to print "Photo", "Graphic", or "Auto"? Obviously,
Auto is not good. Is this "Normal", "Light", or "Dark" in color
intensity/denseness? It's easy to overlook, but really makes a difference.
Avoid using fast/dither (sometimes dot matrix), and with the Black & White
logo, have you tried "Grayscale" or "B&W" only, along with setting to photo
or graphic? I agree that it might be printer settings. If you have the time
and ink to spare, maybe you could try all of the above, and see which one
gets the best results. As for the Blue and White logo, you might possibly
eliminate all other colors i.e. Cyan, Magenta, etc. Then still lighten the
black,as well, it will be a much brighter blue in the long run, but this is
just another option.

"Bobby Schmidt" wrote:

My word document contains text and inserted .jpeg pictures.

Although the pictures are displayed in the print preview, when I print the
document the pictures come out as a black square.

I inserted one of the pictures in .tif format and it printed

Bobby Schmidt

I got it to work. Here is how. Under the HP Photosmart 2700 series printing
preferences I changed the Color Management option to "Managed by application"
from "Corolsmart/sRGB.

After all, it was a printer setting problem and not a word problem. So much
for the HP techies.

Thanks for hanging in there with me. All's well that ends well.

Have a good night.