Frank Drost

Default postioning a frame

Hello all,

I have asked this question on 7/10/05 as well, and although I got good
replies, it still does not work for me.
Shortly put, I want to put a frame where I want it. NOT where Word will put
depending on whether there is enough space on the page to include a frame. If
the paragraph is too long to include the frame on the same page, Word puts
the frame on the next page, and leaves a lot of blank space on the page where
I want the frame to be. I have found no way how I can embed a frame within a
long paragraph. There does not seem to be an option to do that. Once the
frame is shifted onto the next page, it doesn't matter how you specify the
position (vertical). Whether you say -2cm from paragraph (to shift upwards
within the text), bottom (or top) of page/margin, it does not shift the frame
back onto the page where I want it. Does anyone have an idea how you force
Word to accept your placing of the frame? I am using a frame to keep a
picture and caption together.
(It does not matter if I remove the frame and do picture and caption
separately. The picture is too large to be placed on the page where I want it)

ta

Frank Drost

Referring to my earlier message, an alternative could be that I force WORD to
leave one page completely empty. The text should continue normally from page
76 to 78, and nothing should be on page 77. I then somehow have to force my
frames (there are 2, both of them 10 cm high) on that empty page.
Is that possible?

"Frank Drost" wrote:

[...]

Frank Drost

Thanks Suzanne, for having that clarified. I obviously have to look at
another way of getting my 2 pictures with their captions together on the same
page. Do you know of a way to "force" a picture with its caption to sit
within a paragraph, so that the text of the paragraphy simply continues after
the picture?

ta

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

A frame must be anchored to a text paragraph, so you can't have a frame
(much less two frames) on a page without text. To move a frame to a given
page, you must move its anchor to a paragraph on that page.

Jay Freedman

With the picture selected, click the Wrapping button on the Picture
toolbar and select "In Line with Text".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman