Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
scottalanclymer[_2_] scottalanclymer[_2_] is offline

Default How can I insert current system time, but offset by 1 hour?

Have been using Word to edit my webpage for a couple years now. Have 5
timezones I want to display and automatically update every time I open the
file to show when the page was last updated. See it at home comcast net
~scottalanclymer. I think the method I'm currently using is considered a
table. It's a snippit of a few columns and rows from excel using the formulas
I already had there in my daily worksheet. It is based on the premise that 1
hour = 0.041666666666666666666666666666667 of a day. The math is very simple.
It's just 1/24 to extract the decimal value of 1 hour. But every time I open
my page in Word to update it, I have to right click the table, hit O, hit E,
the table updates the formulas from the current system time. Then I hit
escape. It creates an IMAGE of the table. Then I have to adjust the width or
heighth of the image to make it look like it's close to being normal again.
It's a pain. I want to flush the whole Excel table method, and be able to
write the code in Word, 5 lines, utilizing the time/date function, with
offsets for the hours I need. The goal is to have all 5 lines update with no
work on my part each time I open the file for editing.

My question in it's simplest form is:
How can I insert the date+time in a Word document, but offset by 1 hour?