Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
AutumnFire1

Default How do I make a 4.25" x 5.5" booklet with Word 2000?

Is this possible or am I using the wrong program? I am trying to print a
4.25" x 5.5" sized, 16 or 20 page booklet using regular 8.5 x 11 sized paper.
This puts four pages on each sheet of paper and I need to know how to layout
the pages so that they come out in the right order when I stack the sheets
and fold them in half.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

There is no built-in way to do this in Word, and I think you will find it
more trouble than it's worth (not to mention that a 20-page booklet would be
impossible with this imposition--it would have to be 16 or 24).

"AutumnFire1" wrote in message
Is this possible or am I using the wrong program? I am trying to print a
4.25" x 5.5" sized, 16 or 20 page booklet using regular 8.5 x 11 sized

paper.
This puts four pages on each sheet of paper and I need to know how to

layout
the pages so that they come out in the right order when I stack the sheets
and fold them in half.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
David Nebenzahl

AutumnFire1 spake thus:

Is this possible or am I using the wrong program? I am trying to print a
4.25" x 5.5" sized, 16 or 20 page booklet using regular 8.5 x 11 sized paper.
This puts four pages on each sheet of paper and I need to know how to layout
the pages so that they come out in the right order when I stack the sheets
and fold them in half.

First of all; yes, you're using the wrong program. Word is extremely
weak in this area. This job would be much more easily and rapidly done
with a *real* page-layout program, like Adobe InDesign. (Forget
Publisher--it's a piece of ****.)

Having said that, you may be like me, in that you're not particularly
eager to shell out $$$ for new software.

Someone wrote a clever macro that lets Word print booklets:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm.

Warning: you need to know at least enough about VBA ("Word Basic") and
macros to get yourself into trouble, and probably a little more to get
yourself out of trouble.

The macro does work. Any problems you encounter are going to be just
with setting up the document to print correctly (correct location on the
sheets, etc.). And a 20-page booklet is no problem: first of all,
booklets like the one you want to print come in multiples of 4 pages,
and besides, the macro will pad your document to the nearest 4-page
boundary with blank pages anyhow. Give it a whirl.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jonathan N

I found a utility that will do this called ClickBook (www.clickbook.com). I
wish Word could do it. This utility costs $50.

AutumnFire1 spake thus: