Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jules Jules is offline

Default Keeping symbol field result with text

Using an ASK field and an IF field I wish to insert text that contains double
quotation marks into a document. I am able to do this by setting up for
example:
{ASK definition "Insert definition sentence" 'y' or 'n'}{IF definition = "y"
"John Smith and Mary Jones ({SYMBOL 34}the owners{SYMBOL 34})".
This gives me the result:
John Smith and Mary Jones ("the owners")
This is correct, however, sometimes the double quotation mark before the
words the owners appears at the end of one line with the words the owners
beginning on the next line. Is there a way of keeping the quotation marks
with the text? I can't use Shft+Ctrl+Space as there is no space between the
quotation marks and the text.
Sorry if this question is a bit long winded but I wanted to make sure I
explained myself properly (I hope I did)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You have a quote issue in the ASK field also - one of the following should
do what you require

{ ASK definition "Insert definition sentence 'y' or 'n' "}{ SET q "\"" }{ IF
{ definition } = "y" "John Smith and Mary Jones ({ q }the owners{ q })" ""}
Or
{ ASK definition "Insert definition sentence 'y' or 'n' "}{ IF {
definition } = "y" "John Smith and Mary Jones ({ quote 34 }the owners{ quote

even better add a \*Lower switch to the conditional field condition eg

{ ASK definition "Insert definition sentence 'y' or 'n' "}{ SET q "\"" }{ IF
{ definition \*Lower } = "y" "John Smith and Mary Jones ({ q }the owners{
q })" ""}
Or
{ ASK definition "Insert definition sentence 'y' or 'n' "}{ IF { definition
\*Lower } = "y" "John Smith and Mary Jones ({ quote 34 }the owners{ quote

so that upper or lower case responses may be entered.