PMorgan

Default Annoying Toolbar

I'm posting this to both the Word and the WinXP newsgroups, as i don't know
which is causing the problem.

A few days ago, I installed the WinXP Service Pack 2, and also updated my
Word with a newer version (2002?). Now an annoying toolbar appears on the
right side of my desktop, disappearing in and out of the desktop when my
curser gets near the right side. It's annoying because (1) I don't want or
need it; and (2) it gets in the way when I'm trying to close a window by
using the x in the top right corner.

I also updated my mother's computer with WinXP SP2 and the Word update on
that same day. Her annoying bar, which has a different appearance from
mine, has appeared on the left hand side.

I know I can move it from the right, but I don't want it at all. Can
someone kindly tell me how to get rid of it?

Thanks in advance,

Perri
Robert Moir

PMorgan wrote:
I'm posting this to both the Word and the WinXP newsgroups, as i
don't know which is causing the problem.

A few days ago, I installed the WinXP Service Pack 2, and also
updated my Word with a newer version (2002?). Now an annoying
toolbar appears on the right side of my desktop, disappearing in and
out of the desktop when my curser gets near the right side. It's
annoying because (1) I don't want or need it; and (2) it gets in the
way when I'm trying to close a window by using the x in the top right
corner.

I also updated my mother's computer with WinXP SP2 and the Word
update on that same day. Her annoying bar, which has a different
appearance from mine, has appeared on the left hand side.

I know I can move it from the right, but I don't want it at all. Can
someone kindly tell me how to get rid of it?

Pretend some of us are running that exact same combination of products on
hundreds of computers and have never seen this toolbar, and give us a few
clues as to what it looks like / has on it?

Rob Moir, Microsoft MVP for servers & security
Website - http://www.robertmoir.co.uk
Virtual PC 2004 FAQ - http://www.robertmoir.co.uk/win/VirtualPC2004FAQ.html

Kazaa - Software update services for your Viruses and Spyware.

Herb Tyson [MVP]

If you right-click that toolbar, is one of the options Close? If so, then
right-click the toolbar and choose Close.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"PMorgan" wrote in message
.18...
[...]

PMorgan

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in news:#jH8twF7EHA.3820
@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...owTaskPane.htm

I think this Task Pane thing might be it -- I've gone to the website and
downloaded the controller and will give it a try shortly.

Thanks much!

Perri