Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Steve is offline

Default Conditional Formatting a Mail Merge Label

Hi I need to create labels for some storage shelves and thought mail merging
excel and word would be a good idea. I need to create labels using different
coloured font depending on the type of item. I can use the following code to
change the formatting

{If{MERGEFIELD €śCategory€ť} = €śCategory1€ť {MERGEFIELD €śItem Description€ť
\*CharFormat} {If{MERGEFIELD €śCategory€ť} = €śCategory2€ť {MERGEFIELD €śItem
Description€ť \*CharFormat} {MERGEFIELD €śItem Description€ť \*CharFormat}}}

However my problem is that I have about 10 different colour options thus
requiring a number of if statement, however once I go past a certain number
of lines the font disappears of the edge of the label and I can't see what I
am typing. Are there any dialog boxes within word I am unaware of? Or do I
simply temporarily expand the label box to see all the text and then shrink
once I have finished typing the statement?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I would develop and test your fields in a seperate document attached to
the same data source but either desinged to be a letter merge or a label
merge but with only 1 or 2 labels per page.

When you've got the fields right and tested them, copy/paste them back
into the first label of the label mail merge document you really want to
use, then "propagate" the label layout and perform the merge in the
usual way.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk