Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BillCPA

Default Shapes within Shapes

I'm new to using drawings in Word, so bear with me. I'm creating an
autoshape (rectangle) and placing several other shapes (circle, square, etc.)
inside it. I want to reposition this rectangle (with everything inside), and
then duplicate the rectangle (with everything inside) in several places on
the page. Is there a way to move / duplicate all the shapes together?

--
Bill @ UAMS

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

BillCPA wrote:
I'm new to using drawings in Word, so bear with me. I'm creating an
autoshape (rectangle) and placing several other shapes (circle,
square, etc.) inside it. I want to reposition this rectangle (with
everything inside), and then duplicate the rectangle (with everything
inside) in several places on the page. Is there a way to move /
duplicate all the shapes together?

Select all the parts -- either drag a dotted rectangle around the whole
thing using the Selection tool, or hold the Ctrl key while you click each
piece -- then right-click any of the selected items and choose Grouping
Group. It's now effectively one object, which you can copy/paste, drag, etc.

If you need to change something in one copy, right-click it and select
Grouping Ungroup. Make the change and then Group it again.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman