Anna S

Default how do I delete the browsed pages in Word?

Go to Insert/Hyperlink. In the "or select from list" box click on the button
Browsed pages. You will see a list of browsed pages. I need to know how do I
delete these pages? Thanks. anna
CyberTaz

Hi Anna-

The list is composed based on entries you make there as well as sites you've
visited on the internet. If you want to clear the list you need to go into
your browser (Internet Explorer, perhaps) and go to ToolsInternet Options
and delete the History.

HTH |:)

"Anna S" wrote:

Go to Insert/Hyperlink. In the "or select from list" box click on the button
Browsed pages. You will see a list of browsed pages. I need to know how do I
delete these pages? Thanks. anna

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Anna,

Shortcuts that appear in Insert=Hyperlink 'Browsed Pages'
can come from your Recent Explorer folder:

drive\Documents and Settings\[your UserID]\Recent

and your Internet Explorer History folders:
drive\Documents and Settings\[your UserID]\Local Settings\History

folders.

In addition to checking under a specific UserID you
may also have to check the \All Users\ folders
==============
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx

Rick Baskett

I am having the same problem, and none of the solutions so far seem to work.
I have cleared all cookies, history, and temporary internet files. I have
done a search of my hard drive by copying and pasting in the search bar the
link that appears in the Hyperlink Browsed Pages display. I have even done a
search of Registry using the sticky link. All to no avail. I can get rid of
most Browsed Pages, but a dozen or so seem to be permanent. Is there
anything else to try?

Rick Baskett

"Anna S" Anna wrote in message ...
Go to Insert/Hyperlink. In the "or select from list" box click on the button
Browsed pages. You will see a list of browsed pages. I need to know how do I
delete these pages? Thanks. anna
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dee Dee is offline

"Anna S" Anna wrote in message ...
Go to Insert/Hyperlink. In the "or select from list" box click on the button
Browsed pages. You will see a list of browsed pages. I need to know how do I
delete these pages? Thanks. anna
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx

I am having the same problem. It is frustrating. I have cleared explorer history, I have manually deleted cookies. I have ran disk cleaner. I still have browsed pages showing up in the hyper link area. The reason for my concern is that I am going to be using hyperlink for a project for a class I am taking. I don't want a bunch of pages to wade through. There should be a simple way to clear this history. Clicking clear history, etc in Explorer is not working for me. Please help.