Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bruce Leavitt Bruce Leavitt is offline

Default Merging 2 mailing list

Is their a way to merge to differnt mailing list?
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

Please give more details of what you mean by "different mailing list".

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Bruce Leavitt" wrote in message
Is their a way to merge to differnt mailing list?
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bruce Leavitt Bruce Leavitt is offline

Two .mdb list under mail merge.

Basiclly they are the same, but the first one I did was just names only,
then "not thinking" I started another one doing the same list with
addresses, and was half way through realizing the other list had all the
names, just not the addresses, which I could choose what to print when I am
doing a document.

Wondering if I can merge/combine the two list, rather than going back and
editing the first one to include the addresses?

thanks Bruce

wrote in message ...
Please give more details of what you mean by "different mailing list".

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Bruce Leavitt" wrote in message
Is their a way to merge to differnt mailing list?
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

Probably the easiest thing for you to do is execute a directory type mail
merge for each of the lists in the each of main document of which you have a
one row table into the cells of which, you insert the field names. Then
execute each of these merges to a new document. Those documents will each
contain a table with a row of data for each record in the data source.

Then copy and paste each of those tables into an Excel spreadsheet side by
side and the delete the duplicate columns. Then save that spreadsheet and
use it as your data source.