Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Steve

Default Why does Word open with curser in the header?

When I open a word document the curser is in the header. I have to click on
viewheader and footer then close the header and then I can begin typing in
the main section of the document page. How can I set my doc. to open with
the curser in the main section of the page rather than in the header?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The cursor is *not* in the header (unless it is in a dotted box labeled
"Header," which I doubt). The header is suppressed. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

"Steve" wrote in message
When I open a word document the curser is in the header. I have to click

on
viewheader and footer then close the header and then I can begin typing

in
the main section of the document page. How can I set my doc. to open with
the curser in the main section of the page rather than in the header?

How do I set right and left alignment on the same line in Word? Matador Page Layout 1 November 9th 05 09:32 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Wordperfect Office 2000 conversion to Word 2003 MikeE New Users 1 March 21st 05 01:04 AM