Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
WebColin

Default Paste Special: Metafile vs Enhanced Metafile

What's the difference between Picture (Windows Metafile) and Picture
(Enhanced Metafile) in the Paste Special options? Is there a good rule as to
when to use one over the other?

At a quick look for pasting Excel sheets, they seem the same, but I'd guess
that's just because Excel sheets don't have any fancy graphics, gradients,
etc. But that's just my guess. Perhaps Windows Metafile is fine for basic
shapes and Enhanced Metafile is better for advanced vector images?

Thanks,
Colin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mary Sauer

An enhanced metafile is a 32-bit metafile. An enhanced metafile can contain a much
broader variety of commands than a "regular" Windows metafile. Basically, the
enhanced metafile format is a 32-bit super-set of the 16-bit Windows metafile format.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/