Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sheryl sheryl is offline

Default editing in preview preview

In an older version of Word, I was able to edit a document from the Print
Preview screen but am not able to do that now in Word 2007. Is there a way
that I don't know about? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Same way as in previous versions: turn off the Magnifier (in this case, it's
a check box rather than a button).

http://word.mvps.org

"Sheryl" wrote in message
In an older version of Word, I was able to edit a document from the Print
Preview screen but am not able to do that now in Word 2007. Is there a
way
that I don't know about? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sheryl sheryl is offline

Thanks for your reply, but I'm afraid I still can't figure it out! In Word
2003, I would open print preview, click on some button (can't remember what
it was), then I was able to edit. I can't seem to find it this time. Thanks.

"Sheryl" wrote in message
In an older version of Word, I was able to edit a document from the Print
Preview screen but am not able to do that now in Word 2007. Is there a
way
that I don't know about? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The Magnifier was the button in previous versions; now Magnifier is a check
box in the Preview group on the Print Preview tab of the Ribbon.

http://word.mvps.org

"Sheryl" wrote in message
In an older version of Word, I was able to edit a document from the
Print
Preview screen but am not able to do that now in Word 2007. Is there a
way
that I don't know about? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Do like Suzanne told you.

Go to print preview. In the ribbon, there will be four groups:

Print
Page Setup
Zoom
Preview

In the 'Preview' group, there should be a checkbox with 'Magnifier' next to
it. If that checkbox is unchecked, you should be able to edit your document.

Yves

"Sheryl" wrote in message
In an older version of Word, I was able to edit a document from the
Print
Preview screen but am not able to do that now in Word 2007. Is there a
way
that I don't know about? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sheryl sheryl is offline

Thank you both very much!

"Sheryl" wrote in message
In an older version of Word, I was able to edit a document from the
Print
Preview screen but am not able to do that now in Word 2007. Is there a
way
that I don't know about? Thanks!

preview Print Preview issues Microsoft Word Help 1 August 23rd 08 12:45 PM
Preview Mike[_10_] New Users 5 December 8th 07 06:52 PM
Preview & printout different! Preview follows edge of image printo timtak Microsoft Word Help 1 September 24th 05 06:28 AM
Matching Print Preview to Two Page Editing Layout w. Mirror Margin MichaelM Page Layout 1 August 24th 05 03:33 PM
Print Preview in Word 2003 - 75% of preview is invisible Richard Hewitt Microsoft Word Help 0 August 8th 05 09:28 AM