Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DNGRE DNGRE is offline

Default Problem Displaying Comments in Balloons

I am currently reviewing a document in Word 2007 and have encountered a
problem displaying my comments. Tables are utilized extensively throughout
the document and the document has multiple sections. Some sections are in
portrait format and others are in landscape format. I am able to insert
comments in balloons in the first (portrait-formatted section), however when
I try to insert a comment in a landscaped sections, it looks like I lose the
ability to insert ballooned comments. After that, the only way to display
the comments is through the review pane, which shows the comments
horizontally or vertically. The problem is I don't want to display the
comments in the review pane. I only want to display my comments in balloons.
Why can't I display them in balloons??? It's very frustrating.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hmm, I can't reproduce what you are seeing. At Review tab | Track Changes |
Change Tracking Options, have you tried changing the settings for "Preferred
width" and "Paper orientation in printing"?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"DNGRE" wrote in message
I am currently reviewing a document in Word 2007 and have encountered a
problem displaying my comments. Tables are utilized extensively throughout
the document and the document has multiple sections. Some sections are in
portrait format and others are in landscape format. I am able to insert
comments in balloons in the first (portrait-formatted section), however when
I try to insert a comment in a landscaped sections, it looks like I lose the
ability to insert ballooned comments. After that, the only way to display
the comments is through the review pane, which shows the comments
horizontally or vertically. The problem is I don't want to display the
comments in the review pane. I only want to display my comments in balloons.
Why can't I display them in balloons??? It's very frustrating.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DNGRE DNGRE is offline

I tried your suggestion and was unable to get my comments to display as
balloons on the screen. Would the fact that I am reviewing the document in
compatibility mode (i.e., a .doc file instead of a .docx file) make any
difference? Thanks for whatever help you can provide.

"DNGRE" wrote in message
I am currently reviewing a document in Word 2007 and have encountered a
problem displaying my comments. Tables are utilized extensively throughout
the document and the document has multiple sections. Some sections are in
portrait format and others are in landscape format. I am able to insert
comments in balloons in the first (portrait-formatted section), however when
I try to insert a comment in a landscaped sections, it looks like I lose the
ability to insert ballooned comments. After that, the only way to display
the comments is through the review pane, which shows the comments
horizontally or vertically. The problem is I don't want to display the
comments in the review pane. I only want to display my comments in balloons.
Why can't I display them in balloons??? It's very frustrating.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Which options were chosen? Did you try changing any of them?

No, the file format doesn't make a difference. Word 2003 (and possibly also Word
2002) also supported balloons.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"DNGRE" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Balloons were introduced in Word 2002.

That would have been my guess, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for confirming!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP