Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thomas M.

Default Displaying the Task Pane at all Times

Word 2003

I have a user that would like to have the Task Pane displayed at all times
in all documents. I've figured out how to display it when Word opens, but
when a new document gets opened the Task Pane gets turned off in all open
documents, and needs to be turned back on in each document.

Is it possible to have the Task Pane displayed at all time in all documents?

--Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RajKohli

Click Tools - Options - on View tab check mark "Startup Task Pane". Further,
the shortcut key is CTRL+F1. Also make a check mark in View menu - Task Pane
while working in first document.

Hope this information helps you, let us know!

"Thomas M." wrote:

Word 2003

I have a user that would like to have the Task Pane displayed at all times
in all documents. I've figured out how to display it when Word opens, but
when a new document gets opened the Task Pane gets turned off in all open
documents, and needs to be turned back on in each document.

Is it possible to have the Task Pane displayed at all time in all documents?

--Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thomas M.

Thanks for the link! It looks like that is exactly what she needs.

--Tom

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...owTaskPane.htm

so