Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AUKenny AUKenny is offline

Default Why can't I delete a word if i highlight it and press a key?

If I highlight a section, and I press any key, the cursor jumps to the front
of the highlighted section, not deleting it. This includes the backspace
key. The only time it works is when I press the delete key.

Tim H.I. Tim H.I. is offline
Junior Member

I have a similar problem; when I highlight a section and press enter, it does not delete it but instead, the cursor skips to below the area highlighted. If I highlight an area and type text, press delete or press backspace they all will overwrite the highlighted area but pressing enter will not delete it (pressing enter used to delete it). I have gone to: tools / options / "typing replaces selection" and the box is checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne S. Barnhill View Post

"AUKenny" wrote in message
If I highlight a section, and I press any key, the cursor jumps to the

front
of the highlighted section, not deleting it. This includes the backspace
key. The only time it works is when I press the delete key.

MICROSOFT WORD SHOULD NOT BE RACIST Ak786 Microsoft Word Help 17 November 30th 06 05:11 PM
glossary macro in Word? Tipuana Microsoft Word Help 7 June 10th 06 07:06 PM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 07:26 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 04:01 AM