Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Derby Derby is offline

Default Problem with tables in columns

Hi everyone and thanks for any help you can offer.
I am using XP Pro with Word 2003.

I have an 8.5 x 11 document that is split into two vertical columns. At the
top of the left column on the first page I have inserted a single cell table
and inside the table is my heading for the information to follow. Under the
table I list my data. When I have listed all of one type of data (regardless
of how many full or partial colums it fills) I insert a column break to start
the next type of data in a new column.

Now the problem. After inserting the column break I have a space at the top
of the next column. When I insert my next single cell table (for the next
heading), it is not at the top of the column because of the space.

I can not figure out how to get subsequent tables to align to the top of the
column. The table I start the first column with is always at the top, but
after each column break I end up with a space that I can't get rid of. Any
suggestions?

Thanks - you guys are always a great help.

Jim

Changing Columns to Tables Margaret ET[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 2 May 2nd 07 05:04 PM
columns to tables to excel [email protected] Tables 3 December 10th 06 05:06 PM
Tables & Columns Gail Naylor Tables 3 April 24th 06 01:56 PM
columns and tables daisymade New Users 2 January 6th 05 08:37 AM