Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Susanne Susanne is offline

Default Word 2007 - Bookmarks in line 1 is moved

In Word 2007 bookmarks moves to the end of the document when reopening - even
though is was created in the top of the document.
I tried replacing the bookmark or creating a new one - nothing works. If the
bookmark is in line 2 it´s okay - but not in line 1.
In Word 2003 it works!
If a document is converted from 2003 to 2007 the bookmark in line 1 is moved
to the end of document.
Please help!

Best regards
Susanne
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When I insert a bookmark in a Word document, it stays put, regardless of
location. For example, if I bookmark the first word in a document (in the
first line, therefore), then save, close, and reopen the document, the
bookmark is right where I left it. This is not affected by the document's
format or by converting from 2003 to 2007 formats.

Perhaps you can explain what you're seeing, because I'm not seeing anything
remotely similar here.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Susanne" wrote in message
In Word 2007 bookmarks moves to the end of the document when reopening -
even
though is was created in the top of the document.
I tried replacing the bookmark or creating a new one - nothing works. If
the
bookmark is in line 2 it´s okay - but not in line 1.
In Word 2003 it works!
If a document is converted from 2003 to 2007 the bookmark in line 1 is
moved
to the end of document.
Please help!

Best regards
Susanne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Susanne Susanne is offline

Hi Herb,

If you just insert a bookmark at a position - not a word or space it does
not work. But if I mark the paragraph it´s okay.

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards
Susanne

"Susanne" wrote in message
In Word 2007 bookmarks moves to the end of the document when reopening -
even
though is was created in the top of the document.
I tried replacing the bookmark or creating a new one - nothing works. If
the
bookmark is in line 2 it´s okay - but not in line 1.
In Word 2003 it works!
If a document is converted from 2003 to 2007 the bookmark in line 1 is
moved
to the end of document.
Please help!

Best regards
Susanne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Susanne Susanne is offline

Hi Herb,

if you can find a solution creating bookmark at a position - as mentioned, I
will be glad.

- it works in 2003 - not in 2007.

Best regards
Susanne

"Susanne" wrote in message
In Word 2007 bookmarks moves to the end of the document when reopening -
even
though is was created in the top of the document.
I tried replacing the bookmark or creating a new one - nothing works. If
the
bookmark is in line 2 it´s okay - but not in line 1.
In Word 2003 it works!
If a document is converted from 2003 to 2007 the bookmark in line 1 is
moved
to the end of document.
Please help!

Best regards
Susanne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm still not seeing what you're seeing. When I insert point
bookmarks--anywhere in the document--they stay put, regardless of document
format and/or conversion to/from old/new Word format.

Perhaps I'm not trying what you're trying. Can you give me some repro steps
to follow?