Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
quekou

Default How do I select all graphics in a documents and all other objects

The document is long. It's tiring and time comsuming to hold Ctrl and select
graphics and other objects one by one. I only want to keep plain text. There
has to be a way of selecting all objects other than text all at once, hasn't
it? Thank you for helping me out. Waiting for answer online...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

If it were me, I'd hit Ctrl+H.
Type ^g into the find what box.
Don't put anything in the replace with box.
Hit Replace all.
That replaces all your graphics with nothing....provided they're placed in
line with text, anyway...

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

"quekou" wrote in message
The document is long. It's tiring and time comsuming to hold Ctrl and
select
graphics and other objects one by one. I only want to keep plain text.
There
has to be a way of selecting all objects other than text all at once,
hasn't
it? Thank you for helping me out. Waiting for answer online...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Open the document, click on File | Save as, choose "Plain text"
in the "Files of type" box, and save to different filename. When
you save as a plain text file, Word will automatically strip out
all of the graphics, objects, and text formatting, leaving you
with just plain text.

quekou wrote:

The document is long. It's tiring and time comsuming to hold Ctrl and select
graphics and other objects one by one. I only want to keep plain text. There
has to be a way of selecting all objects other than text all at once, hasn't
it? Thank you for helping me out. Waiting for answer online...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
quekou

Default How do I select all graphics in a documents and all other obje

Thank you. Anne and Garfied, both of the methods you mentioed worked. thanks
a lot.