Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mail Merge to custom envelope size Mail Merge to custom envelope size is offline

Default Mail merge to custom envelope size 8x5

i created a mail merge from excel data to a custom word document that is 8"w
x 5"h, the size of my envelope. Data came over fine.

When I send to my printer (Epson Stylus R300 Series) and feed the envelope
in, it puts a lead of 3.75" before it starts printing, throwing off where the
text appears. How do I get rid of the 3.75" lead and just get it to print
right away?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word relies on the printer driver to format documents and with documents
using custom page sizes the printer driver will frequently use the nearest
standard size. The simplest workaround is to adapt a standard page size by
using the margins and styles to set the text position. To aid setting those
margins print the 'envelope' on A4 or US letter paper then superimpose the
paper over the envelope to reflect the relative position of the envelope as
it would track through the printer mechanism, then adjust the margins
accordingly to move the text into the correct area occupied by the envelope.

See also http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm